I’ve received my dual Ph.D. in Computer Engineering (Artificial Intelligence) and Neuroscience from Amirkabir University of Technology in co-tutelle with University of Burgundy in 2018. Afterward, I’ve continued my research as a Post Doctoral Research Fellow at Amirkabir University of Technology.
My research interests are summarized as Cognitive Robotics, Computational Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Computational Neuroscience.
- Ph. D: Neuroscience (Computational Neuroscience), Université de Bourgogne Franche-Comté, Dijon, France 2015-2019.
- Thesis: ” Control of movements by the brain“
- Supervisor: Dr. Christian Darlot
- Ph. D: Computer Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran 2012-2018.
- Thesis: “A Computational Model of Basal Ganglia for Motor Control“
- Supervisor: Prof. Mohammad Mehdi Ebadzadeh
- M.Sc: Computer Engineering (Artificial Intelligence), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran 2010-2012.
- Dissertation: “Presenting a Fuzzy Neuronal Motor Control Model Inspired by Cerebellar Pathways“
- Supervisor: Prof. Mohammad Mehdi Ebadzadeh
- B. Sc: Computer Engineering (Software), Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran 2006-2010.
- Dissertation: “Presenting a Persian Phrase Chunker based on Machine Learning Algorithms“
- Supervisor: Prof. Mohammad Mehdi Homayounpour
- Assistant Professor, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2019-present.
- Founder and Head of Robotics & Intelligent Autonomous Agents (RoIAA) Lab, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2021-present.
- Head of Innovation Center at Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2021-present.
- Vice-Chair of IEEE Professional Activities Committee, IEEE Iran Section, 2021-present.
- Post Doctoral Research Fellow, Department of Computer Engineering, Amirkabir University of Technology, Tehran, Iran, 2018-2019.
Scientific Societies Membership
- Senior Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), since 2022.
- Faculty Member, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics and Cognitive Computing group, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, 2019-present.
- Cognitive & Developmental Robotics
- Social Robots
- Explainable Robotics
- Internet-of-Robotic-Things (IoRT)
- Computational Intelligence & Machine Learning:
- Fuzzy Neural Networks
- Deep Learning
- Reinforcement Learning
- Evolutionary Computing & Swarm Intelligence
- Computational Neuroscience:
- Motor Control Modeling
- Basal Ganglia Modeling
- Cerebellar Pathways Modeling
- Oculomotor Circuit Modeling
- Sequential Tasks Learning
- Parkinson’s Disease Modeling
- Decision Making
- Convex Optimization
- Optimal Control
- Autonomous Mobile Robot
- Neural Networks
- Artificial Intelligence & Expert Systems
- Fundamentals of Robotics
- Signals & Systems
- Fundamentals of Programming
- A. Salimi-Badr, “IT2CFNN: An Interval Type-2 Correlation-Aware Fuzzy Neural Network to Construct Non-Separable Fuzzy Rules with Uncertain and Adaptive Shapes for Nonlinear Function Approximation,” Applied Soft Computing, vol. 115, pp. 108258, 2022.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M.M. Ebadzadeh, “A Novel Learning Algorithm Based on Computing the Rules’ Desired Outputs of a TSK Fuzzy Neural Network with Non-Separable Fuzzy Rules,” Neurocomputing, vol. 470, pp. 139-153, 2022.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M.M. Ebadzadeh, ” A Novel Self-Organizing Fuzzy Neural Network to Learn and Mimic Habitual Sequential Tasks ,” IEEE Transactions on Cybernetics, vol. 52, pp. 323 – 332, 2022.
- N. Mahdian, S.H. Attarzadeh-Niaki, A. Salimi-Badr, A Systematic Embedded Software Design Flow for Robotic Applications. In 2021 11th International Conference on Computer and Knowledge Engineering (ICCKE ) 2021 Oct. 28-29. IEEE.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M. Hashemi, H. Saffari, “Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis based on Gait Cycle Analysis Through an Interpretable Interval Type-2 Neuro-Fuzzy System,” arXiv preprint, arXiv:2109.02442.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M. Hashemi, A Neural-Based Approach to Aid Early Parkinson’s Disease Diagnosis. In 2020 11th International Conference on Information and Knowledge Technology (IKT) 2020 Dec 22 (pp. 23-25). IEEE.
- C. Darlot, A. Salimi-Badr, M. Asadi-Eydivand, Z. Ghorrati, M.M. Ebadzadeh, “A computational system-level model of oculomotor pathways accounting for the representation of eye biomechanics in the cerebellar vermis,” IEEE Access, vol. 8, pp. 110859 – 110879, 2020.
- M.M. Ebadzadeh, A. Salimi-Badr, “IC-FNN: A novel fuzzy neural network with interpretable, intuitive and correlated-contours fuzzy rules for function approximation,” IEEE Transactions on Fuzzy Systems, vol. 26, no. 3, pp. 1288-1302, 2018.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M.M. Ebadzadeh, and C. Darlot, “A system-level mathematical model of Basal Ganglia motor-circuit for kinematic planning of arm movements,” Computers in Biology and Medicine, vol. 92, pp. 78-89, 2018.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M.M. Ebadzadeh, and C. Darlot, “Fuzzy neuronal model of motor control inspired by cerebellar pathways to online and gradually learn inverse biomechanical functions in presence of delay,” Biological Cybernetics, vol. 111, pp. 421-438, 2017.
- A. Salimi-Badr, M.M. Ebadzadeh, and C. Darlot, “A possible correlation between basal ganglia motor function and the inverse kinematics calculation,” Journal of Computational Neuroscience, vol. 43, pp. 295-318, 2017.
- M. M. Ebadzadeh, A. Salimi-Badr, “CFNN: Correlated fuzzy neural network,” Neurocomputing, vol. 148, no. 1, pp. 430-444, 2015.
- M. M. Homayounpour, A. Salimi-Badr, “Phrase Chunking in Persian Texts,” Signal and Data Processing, vol. 10, pp. 69-86, 2013.
- Office 424, Faculty of Computer Science and Engineering Shahid Beheshti University, Velenjak, Tehran, Iran
- Email: a_salimibadr [at] sbu [dot] ac [dot] ir
- Tel: +98 21 29904192