Virtual Spatial Cognition Team
Encyclopedia of Women
My Blog (In Persian)
|| Personal Information
Professor, Department of Cognitive Modeling, Institute for Cognitive
and Brain Science, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, Since
- Assistant Professor, Department of Statistics,
Faculty of Mathematical Sciences, Shahid Beheshti University,
Tehran, Iran, August 2016 - August 2017
- Adjunct faculty member, Department of Cognitive Modeling, Institute for Cognitive and Brain
Science, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, August 2016 - August 2017
Fellow, Institute for Cognitive and Brain
Science, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran, August 2015 -
August 2016 (granted by the Cognitive Science and Technologies Council
of the Vise-presidency of Iran)
- Ph.D., Statistics, Stochastic Spatial Point Processes, 2015, Aalborg University, Aalborg, Denmark.
- M.Sc., Mathematical Statistics, 2010, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- B.Sc., Statistics, 2007, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
- Universitat Jaume I, Department of Mathematics, Castellon, Spain (January 2017), Visiting professor Jorge Mateu.
and Executive Experiences
- Representative of ICBS at the SBU International Office (February 2018 - Current)
- A member of the 14th Board of Directors of the Iranian Statistical Society, September 2018 - September 2020.
- The Secretary of the "Scientific Board of Ahwazi Young Investigator
Award" in the 6th Basic and Clinical Neuroscience Congress, Dec. 20-22,
2017, Tehran, Iran.
papers for the ISI Journals like Spatial Statistics (Elsevier) and
Journal of Statistical Theory and Applications (Atlantic Press).
of the Neuro-developmental Laboratory (Neuro-Stereology and Behavioural
Lab), ICBS, December 2015 - August 2017.
- Head of the Neuro-developmental Laboratory (Neuro-Stereology and Behavioural Lab), ICBS, August 2016 - October 2017.
- Editorial board of the Newsletter of the
Statistical Society, Spring 2009- Autumn 2010
- Executive Secretary of the First Seminar on
Statistics in Industry, 2009, Shahid Beheshti University, Tehran, Iran.
Honours and Awards
Research Grant from Cognitive Sciences and Technology Council of the Vice Presidency of Iran, Tehran,
September 2015 - September 2016
Scholarship from Aalborg University and Center for Stochastic Geometry
and Advanced Bioimaging (CSGB), Aarhus University, Denmark, for doing a
PhD in Mathematical Statistics
travel grant from SARMA
Nordic Network for participating in the Pan-American
Advanced Study in Spatio temporal Statistics, Buzios, Rio de Janeiro,
Brazil, June 16-26, 2014, organized by University of Washington.
Elias bursary grant for presenting a paper in the 11th European
Congress of Stereology and Image Analysis 2013, Kaiserslautern,
Germany, July 2013.
many other programmers, I have used plenty of other languages to run
several projects, but I have just got a hand in them!
- Playing Setar (a traditiional Iranian musical instrument).
- Writing (see e.g. my personal weblog here).
- Swimming (on a professional level).